Built in 1874, and part of the Parish of Bargoed and Deri with Brithdir since 1904, St Gwladys’ Church has been a Bargoed landmark and at the centre of the community ever since.
Through succeeding generations our members have sought to serve Jesus Christ and their neighbours through all the changes that the town and the church have seen in the meantime, with the growth and later decline of the coal mining industry. Our reredos of the Last Supper behind the altar commemorates those who paid such a great cost in World War 1, and the inner doors commemorate World War 2. The rood screen dates from 1930, the choir stalls from 1936, and the oak communion rails from 1955.
In line with that heritage we are looking to continue to serve the people of this area for many years to come, and to play our full part in the life of the town and its’ regeneration, most notably through the community projects work that we undertake and support from our renovated church hall, and through our recent partnership with Christians Against Poverty to provide world class, advice and support to people who are struggling with problem debt.