We’re here for you
Wherever and whenever you choose to get married, you make a public declaration of life-long commitment to love each other faithfully and take on a whole new legal status as husband and wife.
It is a considerable commitment to make. Whether you choose to marry in a civil venue, or in a religious context of any faith, around 85% of married couples agree: marriage is the most serious decision of your life!
We couldn’t be more committed now that we are married. There is nothing else beyond marriage to make us more committed.
The Church in Wales believes marriage is a great thing for the wellbeing of individuals and society. If you have found ‘the one’, and you are committed to each other in every respect, there is so much more adventure ahead. We would be thrilled to be part of that adventure too.
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. The ceremony includes God and looks to him for help and guidance. God’s blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. You can only make vows this big in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together. God and your church are there for you to help you keep your vows.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made more personal, memorable, meaningful and beautiful.
In Church it’s marriage in the eyes of God, which makes the commitment a bit stronger, I mean not in yourselves, it doesn’t change your feelings, but for some reason it puts that cloud over you– not a nasty cloud, a different cloud. It’s more than legal. It’s different – it’s proper.
- Our Church building is beautiful and offers over a century of history. Imagine all the couples who have married there before you, some of whom may well be your own family. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself, the bigger plan, by marrying in the same place as your relatives. We know these sorts of connections can make your day even more special.
- You can be involved in making choices about your ceremony. And there are lots of great resources available online that can help you.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as ‘peaceful’, ‘serene’, or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
Getting married in Church makes your special day extra special, and means that you get your married life off to the best possible start.
The church can be decorated to match your style and theme and the service can be adapted to make it truly personal to you. Your photographer or videographer can capture every part of the service at no extra cost.
- You can find answers to many of the more common questions people have about getting married in church here.
We are pleased to offer all of our wedding couples prayerful help and advice as they begin married life together.
Please contact us for more details:
Still got questions or want to make a booking? Either phone Jonathan on 01443 831069, or use this form.